Skip to main content

PRODUCT UNBOXING: Besame Cosmetics and Young Living Essential Oils

Hey there!

I know it's been a solid minute since I last posted here. I've been getting my podcast episodes done and uploaded, and also there is a lot going on at the music front along with other projects. I've been wanting to make my next post about creating a look out of Besame's 1937 Snow White and 1946 Agent Carter lines, but that isn't something I wanted to 'fake my way' through.

Now with the Halloween season now upon us, it would be a perfect time to do something like that, so I will later in the month (perhaps I will create the looks for future podcast episodes). But today's posting will be an unboxing.

If you want to see the video version of the unboxing, visit my Instagram (I did it at 2am after coming in from hanging out with friends :D ). Otherwise, here is my most recent order from Besame Cosmetics and Young Living Essential Oils.

 opening the boxes....Young Living is on the left and Besame is on the right


Beginning with Besame Cosmetics:

 For the Besame order, it was all about the 1920s. I got their 1922 Blood Red lip color and their Decades of Fragrance 1920 roller perfume. I also got two little red pouches to carry lipstick in (the pouches were only $1 apiece so I thought why not?). As I said in a previous blog, even their packaging is gorgeous and true to the bygone decades.

From the Besame website on the 1922 Blood Red lip color:
Deep, soulful red with a surprising red undertone that looks like a freshly bitten lip. Wear full strength for impact or as a stain for a natural looking red lip. The warm undertone of this color makes it easy to wear for cool or warm complexions alike.
This is a true replica of a color from 1922. Gabriela found this color at an antique store in California and instantly felt it must be added to our lipstick collection.  Unlike most red lipsticks that have a pink undertone, Blood Red is a true red, with a true red undertone that can be worn full on or as a stain.

From the Besame website on the Decades of Fragrance: 1920:

The Decades of Fragrance Collection is the fruit of 6 years of research and exploration to bring you the essence of each decade featured in the collection. We wanted to give you an olfactory picture of a decade of time, using familiar ingredients from each period to create an impression in your mind of a time gone by. Each perfume extract is meticulously crafted from precious essential oils and natural alcohol. Be transported to your favorite era with each of our intoxicating scents. 
Dabble in time with our Decades Collection.
Hollywood, rumours and scandals, 1920s Floral, Ambery, Musky
Top notes: mandarin, juniper berry, galbanum
Heart notes: jasmine, violet, muguet, suede
Base notes: cocoa, myrrh, amber, musks


As an added bonus, I got the 1920 perfume for only $5.00 ($20.00 off) because I paired it with the Blood Red lipstick (as of this blog posting, they are currently running a deal where you can get a fragrance for 5.00 with the purchase of a lipstick from the respected era of the fragrance).

the 1922 Blood Red lip color by the Besame skin brightening powder on my cosmetic table


1922 Blood Red lip color and 1920 fragrance outside of their packaging



1922 Blood Red on my cosmetics table :)

I'm already loving wearing both! I think that the 1922 Blood Red is my favorite red lip color! And the fragrance definitely has the aroma that I would imagine when I think 1920s. :)



Now onto Young Living, probably my favorite company in the holistic health realm!


So for my latest order with Young Living, I ended up getting the following:
1. Pure Protein Complete protein powder (probably my favorite protein shake powder next to Shakeology...also less spendy than Shakeology)
2. Thieves Dish Soap
3. Thieves dental floss
(side note: I LOVE having Thieves products on hand during cold and flu season!)
4. Savvy Minerals Hydrating Primer
(for those unaware of what a primer is meant to prep your skin for foundation...it should go on after moisturizer and sunscreen...yes always sunscreen, even in fall and winter...your future self will thank you...I really like the Alba Botanica sunscreens , which they also tend to have in the organic sections of most grocery stores, Targets, etc :) )
5. And last but not least, I got some Clove Essential Oil free with my order. Clove is also something I like to have during cold and flu season. It is also one of the ingredients in the Thieves products. :)

So that was my unboxing! Check out Young Living and Besame at their websites:
Young Living Essential Oils
Besame Cosmetics


*****




Thank you for watching! Go on a five day journey through time with me and receive a song or mystical story each day!
Begin your journey here:

ANTIQUITY & ILLUSION SHOP: https://antiquityillusion.bigcartelcom/

OTHER MUSICAL PROJECTS:
WAYWARD COMPANIONS: http://wayward-companions.com
PITTSBURGH HISTORICAL MUSIC SOCIETY: http://pittsburghhistoricalmusicsociety.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW: The Lovely Rose Apothecary (Vintage Skin Care!)

Well hello! I am really excited to bring you this product review. Months back, I came across a cool company on Instagram, one that immediately piqued my interest. Their objective is to make vintage inspired skincare, and all of their products are inspired by those used and manufactured during the 1910s through the 1940s. Most that follow my work definitely know of not only my love of history and the influence that it has on my music and writing, but also the vintage world and lifestyle. Now I'm not one who dresses in a vintage style 24/7 (though I very much enjoy those that do!). Sometimes I will, but honestly whether I do or not depends on my mood, what's happening currently in my life, etc. Sometimes I just like wearing modern clothes while other days I might be feeling the 1940s or 1920s more and I'll gear my style more toward that particular era. However, even if I don't necessarily don the attire all the time, I do incorporate it into many other aspects of

PRODUCT REVIEW: Eddie Funkhouser's LuxLight Glow Drops and Revitalizing Foundation

Hey there! Time for another makeup product review! I am returning with two more Eddie Funkhouser products. This time it's the LuxLight Glow Drops (which I was SO excited about trying) and the Revitalizing Foundation. First I will start with the Glow Drops. When packaged, the Luxlight Glow Drops come in liquid form in a tube and the product is meant to give the user (according to the website) a lit-from within glow, illuminate facial features, and act as a diffuser and create a brighter and more even skin tone. There are many ways it can be used, including using alone, or mixing into a moisturizer, liquid foundation or body lotion. Basically, it's supposed to help you achieve that "JLo Glow". One nice thing about Eddie's website is that tutorials on how to use the makeup is included. Here is one on different ways of using the Glow Drops. This is a great video where Eddie demonstrates and explains the product. :) I LOVE this product. I was e

QUICK MERCH HAUL: Saging Space, Claire's, Dollar Tree