Skip to main content

PRODUCT REVIEW: Eddie Funkhouser's LuxLight Glow Drops and Revitalizing Foundation

Hey there!

Time for another makeup product review! I am returning with two more Eddie Funkhouser products. This time it's the LuxLight Glow Drops (which I was SO excited about trying) and the Revitalizing Foundation.



First I will start with the Glow Drops.



When packaged, the Luxlight Glow Drops come in liquid form in a tube and the product is meant to give the user (according to the website) a lit-from within glow, illuminate facial features, and act as a diffuser and create a brighter and more even skin tone.
There are many ways it can be used, including using alone, or mixing into a moisturizer, liquid foundation or body lotion. Basically, it's supposed to help you achieve that "JLo Glow".

One nice thing about Eddie's website is that tutorials on how to use the makeup is included. Here is one on different ways of using the Glow Drops. This is a great video where Eddie demonstrates and explains the product. :)




I LOVE this product. I was excited to try it and was not disappointed. Aside from watching the little gold liquid drops falling from the tube being fun (at least I think), the drops really do serve as a great addition to foundation and/or moisturizer. It has definitely become a must have for me.

Check out more on the Glow Drops

The other most recent product of Eddie's that I tried was the Luxlight Revitalizing Foundation.




This was also a product that I was looking forward to trying and I found the application and overall coverage and texture to be very smooth in application and the coverage excellent. The overall finish is beautiful.

The foundation runs in the following shades (lightest to darkest):

Fair
Light
Medium Beige (which is what I use)
Medium
Medium Tan
Golden Dark

This is another product of Eddie's that I love and the only negative thing that I have to say on it is that the tube connected to the pump (you have to pump the foundation out) is very short, so you might find yourself unable to pump more foundation out when there is still plenty of product left. Therefore you might have to take the lid off in order to use it once you are about halfway through with the product. But that is only minor and something that I'm willing to overlook due to the overall product being amazing. I will definitely use again! :)

Check out more on the LuxLight Revitalizing Foundation

Check out more of Eddie's website at http://eddiefunkhouser.com and peruse the products. If you sign up for the email list, you are often blessed with many deals and discounts.

Next up is more vintage cosmetics with Besame's 1937 Snow White and 1946 Agent Carter lines. I'm also considering doing a future post giving some of my tips on how I stay fresh during a reenactment event, even when it is ungodly hot and there are no showers!

Til then!
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW: The Lovely Rose Apothecary (Vintage Skin Care!)

Well hello! I am really excited to bring you this product review. Months back, I came across a cool company on Instagram, one that immediately piqued my interest. Their objective is to make vintage inspired skincare, and all of their products are inspired by those used and manufactured during the 1910s through the 1940s. Most that follow my work definitely know of not only my love of history and the influence that it has on my music and writing, but also the vintage world and lifestyle. Now I'm not one who dresses in a vintage style 24/7 (though I very much enjoy those that do!). Sometimes I will, but honestly whether I do or not depends on my mood, what's happening currently in my life, etc. Sometimes I just like wearing modern clothes while other days I might be feeling the 1940s or 1920s more and I'll gear my style more toward that particular era. However, even if I don't necessarily don the attire all the time, I do incorporate it into many other aspects of

QUICK MERCH HAUL: Saging Space, Claire's, Dollar Tree